Thursday, November 29, 2012

Well, this week has been the week of attempted productivity, but no actual progress being made!

Monday when I went out to camp, I found out my translator was in the hospital with a bad toothache, so I couldn't do any interviews.

Tuesday was an ok day, I did a few interviews, but with a new translator, so it was a little rocky.  In the morning on Tuesday, I had a horrible experience in town trying to get a matatu- I ended up yelling at multiple people and calling one some not-so-nice names.

Wednesday there was an absolutely torrential downpour that flooded part of the camp, so I couldn't go out.

Thursday was my one real successful day of interviews with Mary.

And then today there is a matatu strike going on, so there is no way to get out to the camp.  So now I'm back in my room after a group of creepy men tried to get me into the back of their truck and going to try and be productive here... somehow.

So thats life for now... lets hope tomorrow the strike is over so I can go out and do my last day of interviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment